My favourite book and a good place to start. I read this in Athens, then again in London. I loved the story initially, then I read this thread which opened up all the themes in the book and I'm currently planning a re-read. The thread is quite bitty, but still is put much more eloquently than I could manage.
We can discuss the films here too, as long as we are careful with **spoilers** for those who haven't seen/read.
We can discuss the films here too, as long as we are careful with **spoilers** for those who haven't seen/read.
I enjoyed it, but will need to re read it to be able to comment properly!
ReplyDeleteAm going to have a read of the thread then re read the book when I can!
DeleteDo. It changed my whole view of the book. But it will make you a bore to watch the film with, like when Andreas and I watched it together, and you will have to stop every 20 minutes and explain the *themes*...
Delete